Also, I believe Adams said that America would be fine as long as we had Jefferson alive while on his death bed, and that was the irony of them both passing on the same day. It may have been vice versa, but I believe Adams said that.
i had no idea that both him and jefferson went t/u on the same day
talk about one hell of a trivia question
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Also, I believe Adams said that America would be fine as long as we had Jefferson alive while on his death bed, and that was the irony of them both passing on the same day. It may have been vice versa, but I believe Adams said that.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I thought everyone learned that in grade school....maybe it's just a Virginia thing.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
i also just found out that paul giamatti is the son of former baseball commish bart giamatti
did anybody else know that?
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought everyone learned that in grade school....maybe it's just a Virginia thing. </div></div>
maybe i did learn that then too and have since forgotten it but i think this whole series took alot of what we may or may not have remembered about our history and gave us a refresher
i think watching this now also has a different meaning than when learning it as a kid because now as an adult you have a whole different appreciation and understanding for how truly brave and dynamic these men were
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
The part about the "Virginia thing" is that in this state, Jefferson is revered. He practically financed the building of UVA, there is a statue of him on every campus in the state it seems...and around 4th grade you get an education on Virginia history that dwells on him for a considerable amount of time. I would suspect that grade schoolers in VA also spend much more time than kids in other states on Jamestown, Patrick Henry, George Washington, the Powhatan Indians and other folks and places that were important in the formation of our state. I wasn't being sneid...I was just saying.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Yep..knew that too.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
i understand that but then why would you also know that about adams considering he was from mass?
as i said......it could be that i did learn that at one point in school and simply forgot, as i have with alot of what i learned as a kid in school.......but make that a trivia question for are you smarter than a 5th grader and watch how many people dont get it
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
The only reason Adams would be mentioned is because it dealt with the death of Jefferson...they give ya quotes and other things of that nature.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks